By Winston Groom
Read Online or Download The Generals: Patton, MacArthur, Marshall, and the Winning of World War II PDF
Best biographies of world war ii books
Drafted in October 1968, John A. Nesser left at the back of his spouse and younger son to struggle within the arguable Vietnam struggle. Like many in his iteration, he used to be deeply at odds with himself over the U. S. involvement in Vietnam, instilled with a powerful feel of responsibility to his kingdom yet doubtful approximately its venture and his position in it.
Advent to conflict, Wine and Valour:War, Wine and Valour is the genuine account of a host of children, just about all of them immediately out of highschool, stuck up within the wave of patriotism that ran counter to the rantings and techniques of Adolf Hitler. no longer as merciless and hopeless as Erich Remarque's "All Quiet at the Western Front", which happened within the sector of some trenches, this ebook displays with a similar depth the unfold of the twentieth Century horror named global battle .
Celebrated historian Winston Groom tells the tale of 3 striking men-at-arms who rose from the grotesque hell of the 1st international battle to develop into the best generals in their iteration in the course of global struggle II. George Marshall, George Patton, and Douglas MacArthur redefined America's principles of army management and taken forth a brand new iteration of yank soldier.
Alex Kerr's Wellington, a twin-engine bomber, was once shot down over Germany in 1941. in the beginning hospitalised with hopes of repatriation, he suddenly discovered himself a prisoner in a German POW camp. all through these attempting 4 years he was once held captive, Alex saved a mystery diary. This ebook reproduces his diary entries in a desirable account of all facets of lifestyles in a wartime legal.
- The Chaplain's Conflict: Good and Evil in a War Hospital, 1943-1945 (Williams-Ford Texas A&M University Military History Series)
- A Doctor in the XIVth Army
- To D-Day and Back: Adventures with the 507th Parachute Infantry Regiment and Life as a World War II POW: A memoir
- The Flying Greek: An Immigrant Fighter Ace's WWII Odyssey with the RAF, USAAF, and French Resistance
- Galula: The Life and Writings of the French Officer Who Defined the Art of Counterinsurgency
- A Polish Doctor in the Nazi Camps: My Mother's Memories of Imprisonment, Immigration, and a Life Remade
Additional resources for The Generals: Patton, MacArthur, Marshall, and the Winning of World War II